Cost of Surrogacy – Between 11 Lakhs to 16 Lakhs Indian rupees ( $20,000 to $28,000 US Dollars)
Estimating the cost of surrogacy is not at all a straightforward process. Therefore before you go ahead and signup for a package, it is extremely important to know what all is covered and more importantly understand what will be your net financial loss it if the procedure fails (Get a breakup right from the embryo formation to what if a miscarriage happens at 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 9 months).
You also need to know cost of which tests are covered and if your package includes delivery charge or not. Ok, so let me make bullet points:
Are these costs covered
- Cost of delivery ( both natural and c-section)
- Hospitalization charge of the surrogate is covered or not?
- Enbryo freezing policy
- Surrogate medication charges
- Legal documentation charges
- In case of miscarriage – termination charge and hospitalization cost.
- Food charges.
- Do they have a multiple attempt package.
- Refund policy (if any)
- Egg/Sperm donor charges
- In case you have twins
A rough cost breakup
- Starting – 1 Lakh
- 1 month – 2 Lakh
- 3 months- 1.2 Lakh
- Then every month you can roughly expect 1 lack a month.
- At the time of delivery – about 2 lakh
There was no point of me specifying an exact figure as charges vary a lot by clinic to clinic.
Do not rush into getting the procedure started until you fully understand what you are signing for.